Wednesday 28 June 2023

Monday 26th June 2023

How'd you know they're lillies?

'Cos Lilly's wearing 'em!

Oh my old man's a dustman.......

We packed a lot into the weekend, so in some ways it was good to be back at work and stuck inside the house.

One hundred and seventy seven That being said, it was hot and humid. And had been for the previous two days.

Sunday night was the worse, I felt I had hardly slept, and so woke with a woolly head desperate for coffee.

At work, my two colleagues in DK had both flown to Taiwan over the weekend, meaning I had no one to chew the fat with.

The day dragged.

I did get my travel expense approved. Its much easier when someone tells you what is needed to be done. Then the computer said "yes".

It did cloud over in the afternoon, meaning I wasn't tempted to go for a walk, just a wander with the camera round the garden so snap the lilies growing beside the drive, and crushing a lily beetle that was laying eggs.

A cool breeze built, to take the edge of the afternoon, and gave hope of sleep for the forthcoming night.

I prepared dinner, fritters with last week's courgettes, which came out fine. The red wine was most welcome too.

From then it was a wait until it was deemed late enough to go to bed, though it was still light outside.

No comments: