Wednesday 19 July 2023

57 years, ten months, three weeks

I have written about the day my Dad died, way back in April 1996.

What I didn't realise was that he died exactly five weeks short of his 58th birthday. I mean, I knew he was 57. And that his Father had also died aged 57. Also of a heart attack.

So, this, my 58th year was one which I had not looked forward to, but despite needing to lose weight, I feel fine. I have aches and pains, but then most do by now.

And then, a few weeks back, a school friend posted on FB that he had outlived his Father that day, so got me thinking, and so it turned out that the 18th July is the day when I would outlive mine.

Can you see the twinkle? It seemed important, but in the event, the idea of sitting up and toasting the old fella didn't happen. I did think of him all day, and what he would have though of our life together.

I think he would have approved.

No comments: