Friday 28 July 2023

Thursday 27th July 2023

Pay day.

I meantion this, as it is the only reason, or anyone really, goes to work. Some might love their job, a few more might like it, but right now I resent mine, but appreciate the things the pay makes possible.

It was going to be yet another cool, grey and breezy day, as the jet stream is sending the settled weather further south, where it has been baking southern Europe with temperatures of up to 46 degrees. Nothing like that here, in fact seeing the sun these last two weeks has been something of a rarity.

Jools went swimming again, while I stayed home and was still in charge. But of what was not clear.

My time as head of the department comes to an end on Monday when Tna returns, so I will be able to escalate issues through her.

Again.

Other than that, not much to report, the day dragged, so I listened to podcasts over breakfast and lunch, while keeping an ear on the work computer.

I sat outside in the afternoon in the weak sunshine, while Scully purred beside me. Doesn't take much to make her happy, just your undivided attention and some food, and that does it.

Two hundred and eight Dinner is fritters, and in them I add the leftover corriander I had fogotten to use on Sunday. Worked well, but then everything has I have added to the dozens of batches of them I have made.

The journey back home was tricky for Jools because of queuing traffic leading to the port, but she gets back only ten minutes later than usual, having gone through Capel and then into town.

We eat, drink and are merrie.

And that is another day done, Friday tomorrow and then the weekend. And maybe some sunshine?

We hope so.

No comments: