Wednesday 26 July 2023

Monday 24th July 2023

Up at half five to check the traps, and I was rewarded with 5 (five) Elephant hawk-moths, among other LBJs and stuff yet to be identified.

I put the Hawks in foliage, so they could fly away safe when the rain came in the afternoon, I took shots, then went up to have coffee before working.

Deilephila elpenor Starting working.

Turning the laptop on.

Another day spent looking at the storm radar for the four hours of thunder we were due to get, and that never arrived.

Deilephila elpenor Again.

Work is deader than flares, if I'm honest, I nearly created an IT ticket so I could talk to someone.

The rain came in the afternoon, and got so dark with the low clouds, I turned the table lamp on, it got so chilly windows were closed and we even contemplated putting the heating on.

Two hundred and five As we had over half the haloum and chipotle bread left, dinner was Caprese again so we could use the bread to mop up the oil and balsamic.

Yummy.

A quiet day ended with a quiet evening, and me reading in bed before it was dark.

I used to go out, meet people.

No comments: