Saturday 22 July 2023

Friday 21st July 2023

Nearly the weekend.

We spend most of the time between 18 and when we retire, wishing our days away hoping the weekend comes quickly.

When I retire, every day wil be the weekend, and I plan not keeping track what day of the week it is. It is possible that football will be the only way I will know as what is a weekday and what is a weekend.

I have 25 months left in work.

25 months left to change the world.

One step at a time.

And so, to Friday.

I slept through the weekend, as I do most week days. I get up, Jools is about to leave for yoga, leaving me with the bins to do, once I work out which ones they are this week.

Time for coffee.

More coffee.

Listen to a podcast.

And begin work.

Most of Europe still on holiday, so there is no mails or calls to deal with. I do the end of week admin and have breakfast.

Outside it was a glorious day, so I have breakfast and lunch sitting out on the patio, for which, Scully was so happy I thought she would hover with the loud purring.

I finish at one, read a magazine, then see a few more butterflies in the garden. I failed to snap a Peacock, but a Comma was quite obliging, in the end, posing at me with wings open, looking glorious.

Two hundred and two Jools was late back, she had gone to visit our friend Sean who had an argument with an angle grinder in his garage, and had to have his severed tendons in his leg fixed. He is on the mend, lots of stitches and an impressive scar by all accounts. The moral is, never to leave a power tool on the floor connected to the mains.......

Jools does come back, we had the last slice of the second Italian lemon flan I had baked, then once I lost the music quize, we went to Jn's for supper and cards. But John wasn't there, he had "the squits", so was staying home. We rattled through a game of Meld once we had eaten burgers for supper, finishing at quarter past eight.

We left for home, coming back home the back way via Guston due to more work being done on the bridge over the A2 at Whitfield.

Phew.

No comments: