Tuesday 20 December 2016

Monday 19th December 2016

Back to work.

Although, I had done at least two hours each day on both Saturday and Sunday, so after turning on the work laptop, I had no nasty surprise e mails waiting, felt on top of things. In control.

Which is nice.

Jools had left for work, just before seven, and thanks to the Merseyside derby being on Monday, MOTD2 was delayed 24 hours, so there was like no footy to watch. Just as well I have a meeting to attend at half bloody seven in the morning. Then another one right after that at half eight. And another one at nine. And another one at ten, which over ran to half eleven. OH, where did the morning go?

Molly does bring me in a mouse for elevensies, just in case I was hungry. I have to break off from the metting, saying, sorry, be right back, I have a mouse to catch that my cat has brought it. Trying to make it sound as if it was the most normal thing. Which in this house is normal.

Like, yeah, I'm working from home this week. I can have tea. Proper tea, and sandwiches, cuddle the cats and listen to the radio, and finish work at four in the afternoon and commute from one chair at the dining room to the one in front of my home PC. I mean what better way to relax after spending all day on the work computer, than to edit some shots, surf the net and mess around online? Yeah, I'm a geek.

For dinner, I slow roast the smallest joint of beef I have ever seen. I weigh it; one pound. Hardly worth worrying about. But, I season it, fry some onions up, add a bottle of beer to the pan. Add the meat, cover with foil and pop in the oven for three hours on mark 1. Soon the house is smelling glorious with the meat cooking. An hour before Jools comes home, I boil the potatoes, prepare and steam the veg, so when Jools comes home, it is just ready. And, even though there wasn't much meat, it falls apart and tastes fabulous. Even the beer gravy is fab too.

The evening is filled with Merseyside football on the radio, and is dull as ditchwater. I mean really not much happens in the 1st half, and the second little better. Another evening gone.

No comments: