Wednesday 28 December 2016

Tuesday 27th December 2016

This is the 38th blog of the month, and 428th of the year. Or something like that. My word, I have been busy, writing all this stuff down. I don't know if anyone actually reads the Brexit stuff, but one day, when the thing is done and dusted one way of the other, it might be fun to put them all together to tell the story from my point of view.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with me though this year, and the other years too. Next year will see the 9th anniversary of the start of this blog, and see me write the 2,000th post, which I suspect will be music based, and look like being my favourite tunes of all time. Or might not, we shall see. Depends on what I am doing when it comes to write it.

But the next year plan is for a future blog, for now, it is yesterday.

So, Tuesday.

Bank Holiday.

As Christmas fell on Sunday, the bank holiday that usually market it was not needed. But thankfully, that is then cashed in on the next working day. Boxing Day is also a bank holiday, so that was Monday. And Tuesday so became another holiday. Although not in Denmark or Belgium, where in such cases the public holiday vanishes. But as they worked, I would as well, as long as I had work to do though.

A touch of pink Anyway, with clear skies, it was a cold and still night, and dawn, when it came brought forth light on a cold scene, a heavy hoar frost was everywhere, and away in the wout, the faintest sliver of waning moon was just above the rising sun, still below the horizon. As I looked, the sliver was not yet bright enough to blot of the dark disk that made up 99% of the rest of it. But as the moon climbed, grew brighter, the darkness faded. Then as the day got nearer, the moon faded too. It would have made for a great shot, but it was way too cold to have gone outside to snap it.

There is the Bank Holiday football to watch on TV, so a very slow start which should have been a slow day with work. At half nine, my phone bleeped that it had received a message, and apparently had missed a call from my manager. It would also appear that there was reception trouble, as I had to go right to the front window to be able to get a signal to call him to see what was wrong.

Fungi fun And so it began, another day at work, Chinese whispers and other stuff to deal with. But with 90% of the company on vacation, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

With the radio on and Jools supply a constant stream of coffee, the morning went quick. She also braved Tesco to get some rolls to put the salt beef in for lunch, and it turned out that sourdough rolls and salt beef go really well with each other.

There's a bunch of stuff to watch on TV, stuff on the i player, so at two, after checking in the guttering Jools and I fitted, the wrong way!, on the shed, and played with Mulder as he laid on the shelter roof. Seems like he could have laid there all day, watching us run our fingers up and down the gaps in the slats for his entertainment. And we would be dumb enough to do that for hour too. As the sun set at the far end f the street, we watched something, then something else, and then a documentary on the wildlife of New Zealand. I can't tell you how much I would love to visit those isolated valleys and see the pre-historic life that still lingers there.

THere is football in the evening, Liverpool playing someone. They run out 4-1 winners and seem happy enough.

No comments: