Thursday 8 December 2016

Wednesday 7th December 2016

My minions, QI inspectors really, had to be in work for half five, so it might have been good if I would be there at the same time to listen to the tool box brief. However, due to noisy people in the room next to mine, i had to sleep with ear plugs, so slept through my alarm, waking up at quarter past seven. Oh bugger.

Still, nothing I could do about it, best have a shower.

That done, I dress, go down for breakfast and arrive at the office just after eight. Oh well.

One of the inspectors, Jesper, could not go offshore, but he don't mind I wasn't there. He'll go far with talk like that.

Work days in Oostende are pretty much the same now; catch up on mails, review minutes, send mails, attend new round of meetings. With a break for team lunch, coffee and chat.

Afternoon progresses in much the same way, with added meetings and finger pointing. Which is nice.

Outside it is another glorious day outside, clear blue skies and sun shining behind whispy high clouds. Still felt cold mind.

So I drive back to the hotel at dusk, mixing it with the rush hour traffic, which is mostly going in the other direction. I call in at the supermarket to look for more Christmas beer, but don't find the Leffe I wanted, so get dried fried onions for sandwiches and some toothpaste, and I am out. But like French shops, it is full of lovely things, especially at the bakery and cheese aisles. I am tempted.

At half six I meet Jesper and Kurt outside the hotel for the short walk to the burger place. It is only open 5 days a week now, so this is my only chance this week to eat there. I have chorizo burger, which is great with the bountiful bowl of fries supplied and great with mayo. The guys have a huge double burger, and even though that doesn't beat them, the fries do. We are stuffed.

I take a bottle of beer up to my room, watch the football and try to stay away. Another three days completed away from home, and back to Blighty on the morrow. Yay.

No comments: