Friday 16 December 2016

Wednesday 14th December 2016

It is Wednesday, half way through the week. I wake when the people in the room next door are having a shower; sounds like it is in my room, the pouring water sounding so loud. I yawn, stretch and get the day started.

I skip a shower, and after checking the interwebs I get dressed and go down for breakfast, for what is the usual mix of fruit, yoghurt, bread roll, chocolate spread and coffee. Lots of coffee. Unusually, the old lady hasn't made it down for breakfast hy the time I'm done, and so wonder whether sh is OK. I will see her the next two mornings, so maybe she is just sleeping in.

I drive to work, to find that my German minion has gone offshore, so I could steal his desk. Quite how this comes to pass that the manager doesn't have a desk, but his underling does! Behind me, dawn comes, and the sky turns to pink and then blue as the sun rises. But I have meetings to attend to, and this happens with me concentrating on a computer screen.

I walk in, and Kurt says, what happened to your eye? Are you OK. I brush him off. But by the time the third perspon asks, I check in the restroom mirror to find half my left eye is not just bloodshot, but red. I feel fine, but looking at my reflection, I feel queezy. Anyway, after checking the internet, I see it could have been caused by either a hard sneeze of cancer. Or something inbetween.

The morning passes in a flash, so we all sit down to have bbq lunch. Brightly pink sausages and sliced friks. All very nice and unhealthy I have to say.

The afternoon also passes, but we wait for the offshore crew to come back, arriving as they do well after 6. After a debrief I can go back to the hotel for a shower and then back out to meet up with the guys for dinner at the burger place next door. As I drive back along past the docks, the full moon has risen above the condos beside the marina. Another two weeks gone in a flash. It looks wonderful, the moon bright on a sheet of black velvet.

There are both high spirits and high jinks, as we eat drink and are merry. They serve burgers, and all sound good, but most are identified as they say the cheese melted on the patty or the sauce is different. Just as well they're fine burgers. I have no idea what I dad, tasted much the same as all other birgers I have had from there, but always good. As was the beer we chose to wash the burgers down with.

I had hoped to watch some football on TV, I found a French game; PSG v someone or the other. PSG ran out big winners, and with the internet telling me how the Prem games went, I was entertained, and kept up until 11.

No comments: