Saturday 18 March 2017

Friday 17th March 2017

Guinness Product Placement Day

Also, St Patrick's Day (ire)

No matter how much sleep I would have got THursday, it would not been enough. As it was, eight hours was OK and I felt I could do some work, until lunchtime anyway.

Seventy three Jools was already up and making coffee, breakfast for her and the cats. I make my appearance, stumbling down the stairs in dressing gown and with ruffled hair. I have to start work at half seven, to ensure the outcomes of the previous day's meeting were spread out, and that is how my morning panned out.

Fritillaria imperialis It is a bright morning, bright enough to go out and snap shots of the flowers and bulbs looking glorious in the sunshine. We are now at peak daffodil season, with gardens, churchyards and the countryside sprinkled with the yellow nodding heads of millions of flowers. When it's cloudy, it might not feel war, but when the sun shines, it feels like spring. I am shadowed by Mulder and Scully all the time I'm outside, Mulder even gets up on one of the new fencing panels, and looks like the king of cats he truly is.

Scully By midday, I hit the wall. Concentration has gone, but I know I have done all what I should have done, so switch of the computer. I had planned to walk into DOver to collect my new glasses, but there was no chance of that happening. I could barely walk to the sofa.

Mulder I have the radio on, I lay on the sofa, and would have slept if the cats would have let me, but Mulder is all over me, being as sweet and soft as he is.

Hyacinths At three, Jools is back from work, we have coffee and talk. One of the topics, is what to have for dinner. Fish and chips wins out, mainly because I don't have to cook, and for that I am happy.

Daffodils We plant some grasses that had arrived during the day, digging yet more holes in the lawn, then after the clumps were planted surrounding them by blue granite chips. Looks OK< but will look great in the autumn when they get to over 2m high and turn red.

Violets Jools goes to the chippy, I make brews and butter slices of bread. She returns, with paper bags full of fried food, not healthy, but so lovely. And when you open the bags, the aroma of salt and vinegar vapour is wonderful, making stomachs rumble all the more.

On TV there is TOTP: it was from Cup Final replay weekend in 1983. The episode was on 20 minutes long, The Police played live, one of the last times they would do so until they reformed a few years back, and New Edition were number 1, and that is a great, great pop song. Follow that with Monty, and then our eyes began to droop, so at nine we were both in bed, and hoping for a good night's sleep.

No comments: