Friday 31 March 2017

Wednesday 29th March 2017

Welcome to hump day.

And another day nearer when I can go home. However, the duvet issue is still making sleeping difficult, and I woke up with my alarm feeling unrested. There's always tonight, I suppose I told myself.

A quick shower, get dressed and down for breakfast, meeting up with the familiar faces, and so can talk more shop as we eat.

It seems that Belgium is going on vacation for two weeks, and some are starting early thanks to the warm weather, as the roads are clear and so I arrive at the office without incident, take a desk and begin work.

Each day is different in the challenges it throws up, but the resolution is done the same way; mails, phone calls and meeting. So my day is filled with those, except to pause for lunch, where instead of bad things having been grilled, there is salad. And rye bread. So, when in Denmark, or working with Danes, do as they do. And something light is good.

Late in the afternoon, we drive to Carfour to do some shopping. I don't think I have enough beer, well, do, but in big bottles, so need some packs of Leffe, La Chouffe and the such. So, we drive through the houses opposite the office, past a 20th century brick church (no picture), to the market. And inside was, as you imagine, full of lovely continental foods and drink, with beer being housed in its own little building. I look round and grab some old favourites and new ones to try. There also lovely Prince vanilla sandwich biscuits. Only only buy two packets by it could have been hundreds.

Eighty six Back to the office to clear up some loose strings, and then time to go back to the hotel, change ready to meet up with the team for yet another meal out.

This time at TEx Mex over the road, and we find ourselves being first at the door when it opens at sic. A good reason to be first is that they have few tables, and we wanted to make sure we get one of the unreserved ones.

We do, order beers and then our food: a large sharing platter followed by beef and chicken fajitas. And more beer.

It is good, but sadly, one of the team is leaving. Jesper has been reallocated, and will not return from his vacation. I will miss his friendship and professionalism.

The hotel is a short walk away, but with the sun having set, it is cool, and I am whacked. Again.

No comments: