Thursday 30 March 2017

Tuesday 28th March 2017

How can it be, that when you're tired, you end up sleeping even worse than normal? It's true, I tossed and turned all night, caused by having a winter duvet on the bed, and no alternative, other than to sleep without it. So, I alternate between being covered and uncovered and so hot and cold too. Bah.

The alarm goes off, and I have to be up and about early, as I am being audited. Or rather the site it, and I am the liaison. So, no time to waste. Down at breakfast I meet up with Jimmy, then joined by the two auditors and then Manu. A tableful.

The usual stuff for breakfast, while we all talk shop. Or turbines. And there is always coffee.

I make it to work before half seven, beating the rush hour and having the choice of desks. There is the final check to make sure we are ready, alignment with people. And the auditors arrive, and we get down to business.

Eighty five It went well, we audited until lunch, ate, then audited some more, then it seems Soren and Flemming had another appointment and left us. All done, and so it was left to me to put up the flags and send the white smoke signals.

A few hours to catch up on work, and it turns out I was shattered and really needed a shower an lie down. So, being manager, I told myself I had done a good job and told myself to take a few hours off. Being a good employee, I did as I told myself, took myself in the car to the hotel, ahd a shower and took to bed, where in less than 5 minutes I was so hot I had to get up again.

Bah.

Dinner was set to be at half seven, twelve of us meeting at Den Artiest for steak, fries and beer. And although it was as good as ever, with just one member of staff serving, it took two and a half hours to have a starter and main, and by that time, too full to be able to sleep right away.

Oh dearie, dearie me.

I listen to the radio, write and call Jools. And by eleven, I try to sleep, but a late work mail caused my brain to wake up, meaning sleep was still some time away....

No comments: