Friday 17 March 2017

Wednesday 15th March 2017

The hunter becomes the hunted.

Or, the auditor becomes the audited.

Yes, the time has come, for the first time since I became a trained auditor, that I, or the projected was to be audited. And for me, that meant having to do all the coordination, getting all the verifying documents ready, in case they were needed.

And with a winter duvet on the bed, and even with the winow open all night, I had been hot overnight and slept badly, which did not help my mood.

There is always breakfast, and strong, sweet coffee to have, and so I go down to the lobby, and meet up with colleagues who were also here for the audit, or just staying here when visiting head office.

That done, there is always the joy of going out into the rush hour traffic for the drive to the office just out of town, passing through the university quarter before joining the main road north, beside the new tram line, which is nearly completed, but then I said that a year ago.

To the office, to the room booked for the meeting, and to prepare. Only some fool had mixed the meeting invite times up after getting himself confused between UK and Danish time, so some were late to the audit, but I managed to hold the fort, so hoorah for me.

All went well, so we were able to relax for lunch, before the next obstacle in my way; the next project. It might just be a plan on a drawing board, but work starts now, if not sooner, and there is a contract to read and digest. Just the two thousand pages.

Seventy two More meetings, a serious and severe tone set, and on top of that there is the usual current project work to keep up with. Is there no end to this? And there was muggins asking his boss since Christmas what I was going to do next. Me and my big mouth.

I had noticed there was a park opposite the hotel, and it was carpeted by white, lilac and purple crocuses. I was detirmed to go and snap them. So after driving back to the hotel, I walk over the busy road and begin snapping, helped by a lady in a red coat walking through the scene. Perfect.

Arhus: European City of Culture 2017 At half six, I was to meet Chris so we could go for dinner, however I had heard about a light show, and I wanted to see it and take shots, so a walk through the shopping area, over the canal to the mainsquare, where I find the next show is at eight, meaning if we were quick we could get dinner and see the show.

Nearby there is a steak restaurant, isn’t there always, so we get a table, order dinner a half carafe of house red, and chat, make small talk, but not in that way until the meal came. And very good it was, doubly so as the company paid again. And we were finished in time for the show, which soon paled, as it told the history of the city since the year 1,000. We saw the bit about Vikings, then wandered off to the Highlander to see Julian.

Night in Arhus Only Julian has been asked to leave by the owner, and is now gone. It’s the same bar, same beer and same regulars, but not the same. Shame that it had to change, but we might get over it I suppose. I have a beer, bought by Chris, then make my excuses as I am up silly early in the morning to drive to the airport.

I get sucked into the football on TV, and trying to sort out my work mobile that has taken against the Danish network. IT had no idea, even switching it off and on again did not work. I downloaded a firmware update, but made no difference.

Night in Arhus Citeh lost 3-1 on the night, and on away goals after drawing 6-6. I go to bed, hoping to fall asleep soon as I am to be up in five and a half hours.

No comments: