Monday 6 March 2017

Sunday 5th March 2017

In hindsight, we should have done something with the day. But with the forecast in the morning for rain all day, I guess we had prepared ourselves for a day of sloth inside, so when the clouds did clear after lunch, it was easy to kid ourselves that the rain would soon return. So, I am sorry for no shots of the fields, the dip or St Maggies waking up in early spring. At least not today.

Sixty two It was another windy day, and despite a bright dawn, there was the almost certainty of heavy rain before nine. Indeed, looking west over Westcliffe, the clouds were gathering, getting darker and rushing across the sky. As I watched the football, the morning light failed, and soon spots of rain could be seen on the paving outside the window. As usual, halfway through I go to make bacon butties, smothering the bread in butter so when the crispy bacon is put inside, the all melts into a gooey mess. Perfect with the second half of the football and a huge fresh brew.

We listen to the radio all morning, and have peppered beef slices bought from Morrisons along with some cheese and crackers. I have yet another beer to sample, which also explains why I was reluctant to go out in the afternoon.

There is lots of football on the radio, and more photos to be edited, blogs to be written. And somehow the day passes by quickly.

Not much to report really, I make marinated and breaded pork steaks. My fault really, I was channel surfing and came across this American guy with bleached spiky hair, he was in some Smallsville town, and they had marinated chicken before breading it and then frying it. Looked and sounded good, so I did something with the pork. I kinda remembered the spices; garlic, curry powder, turmeric, pepper, mixed with olive oil into a paste then leaving to ferment for six hours.

Saint Landelin La Divine I also tried to make dauphinoise potatoes, but was horrified to see that Delia's recipe would take nearly two hours, and anyway, we had no cream. So I mix milk with butter, part boil the spuds then sprinkle the slices with plenty of cheese before putting in the oven after putting in the milk and butter mix. Anyway, it was great. I mean really, really good. And enough potatoes to warm up the next day too.

We both have a shower before watching some stuff on TV. I call Mum, its the usual stuff with not much happening, although she has mild diabetes now and has to have her ears syringed So I shot the whole call. Made me laugh anyway.

And that was your weekend. All over.

No comments: