Monday 5 June 2017

An end. And a beginning

I have only made passing references to this in posts over the last month, but my current project ended when I was on holiday, and now I am back at work there are a few loose ends to tidy up, but for all intents and purposes, it is done, bringing to end 21 months of hard work, travel and heated meetings. And the rest of what makes up the day to day business of my job.

I can't say what a relief this is, and also makes me rather proud, that if nothing else, I have helped manufacture, instal and commission 93 wind turbines now, helping reduce Europe's carbon footprint producing green energy for 20 years for hundreds of thousands of houses in Belgium and Holland. And that's something worth celebrating.

Did I do a good job? I think so. Could have done better? Without doubt? Have a learnt a lot? Certainly, and on my next project, I will put all I have thus learned to make this even better. Yay.

In the past three years or so, I have done much, traveled far, to China, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Traveling up to 38 times a year last year) so much a part of my life I hardly think of it. I have fun away, meet up with friends, stay in good hotels and eat in restaurants and all using company's credit card. But this is when I can claw the home time back, spend more time here with Jools and the cats than be away. Which will be good.

So, a few weeks to take stock, tie up all the remaining details, and into the fray once again with a new project. And to think that three years ago I was asked to resign as they didn't think I was up to it. One day I'll get an apology. One day.

No comments: