Thursday 29 June 2017

Wednesday 28th June 2017

And just like that, one chapter in work ends, and another chapter begins.

It meant a day back home, working on the laptop at the dining room table, and dealing with the demands of the cats. But for some reason, they seemed content enough to have me home, and by half three I was searching their sleeping places to see if they were all OK.

I sleep through the alarm, but Jools is up, and by the time I stir she is eating her breakfast. I am still so tired, not sure why that is, just worn out I guess with the endless meetings, mails and the suchlike. However, six weeks to go and it will be time for another adventure, but more of that nearer the time.

But, just for fun, if people would like to guess what the adventure might be, some already know, or have an idea. But, might be fun.

Jools leaves for work at seven, and I am left inside, looking outside at the rain-laden clouds, not quite fully light, but just a very dull day. I would have liked to have gone for a walk, or something, but the weather really meant that there was little point, as I usually combine a walk with snapping. I could just do the walk, which I think I might do in the near future, but again, more of that another time.

Meetings from eight until one, with breaks to be snatched between to have breakfast and lunch. And by half two, my eyes were itching, and concentration was becoming difficult; let’s give up for the day. I go to lay on the sofa to watch a documentary on life in Japan. Molly joins me and soon is laying asleep, gently snoring beside me.

The documentary was about home life in Japan, the minimalism that we had seen, but how modern life for most Japanese means there is no space for space, everything piled up in apartments just 50 square metres in size, or smaller. The aspiration of empty or negative space is almost unobtainable. So it goes.

One hundred and seventy siz Dinner is pasta salad and aubergine again. I make the pasta during the day, then Jools helps me with the aubergine to egg and breadcrumb it, before I shallow fry it, so we can eat while I’m Sorry, I Haven’t a Clue burbles away from the I player. Always a good day when a new series of that starts.

Another quiet evening spent quietly; I write and Jools catches up on the latest series of Dr Who.

Another day done, but another one will be along shortly.

2 comments:

nztony said...

I feel redundant, not being the aubergine egg and breadcrumb person ;-)

Your adventure in six weeks time, are you coming to New Zealand to check out our superb scenery?

jelltex said...

I had to prepare it again by myself yesterday. Your presence was needed!