Tuesday 13 June 2017

Monday 12th June 2017

Oh yes, the humdrum reality of working from home now that the project is done, tying up loose ends, no more urgent deadlines, two computers on e table; one for work, and the large screen one for, well, private stuff. Like this.

And so it turned out that it was a day of fast past news, and Twitter was way more interesting than the work I was supposed to be doing.

But Jools has to get ready for work, feed the cats and prepare her snap whilst I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, until I can smell coffee brewing. I mean, I do get up first sometimes and do this, but on a work day it seems better to lay in bed a little bit longer and listen to the birds outside demanding to know where the seed-based breakfast was. All I knew I needed coffee, and I could smell it.

I check the internet, and find that the world was still there, Trump still a jerk, but hey, no surprises there. Seems that the Government was in a pickle, no, really? You do surprise me, but then it was such a bright day outside, that none of it seemed to matter quite so much as before.

Anyway, I get up and there is sunshine over the dip behind the house, birds are singing about how happy there are, and I would too, only it would wake up the neighbours. We sit at the table, looking at our own computers, then Jools has a shower, gets dressed and is ready to go. So, here we are again, just me and the cats.

I make another coffee, have some Bran Flakes and listen to the radio before the serious stuff of the day (work) can begin.

One hundred and sixty one And so it goes, meetings cancelled, but mails to write, documents to produce, and information to gather. And there is a two hour webinar on quality management systems to attend. Oh yes, its all fun here.

I have some grilled focaccia with cheese on for lunch, and strawberries and cream. I mean, I really am slumming it. I would have loved to have gone out, but it has clouded over, and really, my heart wasn't in it.

But I take a magazine and a brew to into the garden to sit in the shelter and look out at what we have created. It looks splendid I have to say, and I am very happy in our little piece of England.

For dinner I cook breaded chicken with some Jersey Royals we had left over from before the holiday. It is a great spring meal, enough flavour in the spuds to not need anything else. Of course there is more Springwatch, and then the evening is almost over, and again we wonder whre the time goes, and how much more we could do if there was no work.

No comments: