Friday 16 June 2017

Tuesday 13th June 2017

A bright sunny day, already warm by the time we get up, one on which I should be out chasing orchids or butterflies or churches. But instead, I will be inside, working.

Jools has almost caught up at work, so doesn’t really need to go into work at half five or whatever, so we can lay in until quarter to six, as it seems it takes even longer for us to get going in the mornings, another 15 minutes is needed.

Another summer walk At least for the work-at-home Quality Manager, the warm weather means the cats are about much less, as they can catch their own four-legged lunches and snacks. And apparently have enough spare to bring or leave the odd pile of giblets of half a mouse for me. I can hear them outside if they have caught something, being a man cat man, I know the different meows, so know when to go out to either try to save a mouse or vole, or reward their hunting skills with a handful of kibbles.

Another summer walk Jools leaves and I am alone again for the day, with just my two computers for company, and I have to say, the chaos since the election has been so bad, seeing the politicians twist and squirm as now time is tight, they have to come up with real details, and then there is the issue with the link up with the DUP and that 12.5% of the two years of the Article 50 has been wasted by a pointless election.

Another summer walk All fun.

The radio is put on, and the kettle is rarely cool as I make tea and coffee in order to keep awake.

Hello there Come the afternoon, my mails had quietened down, so I take myself and a camera out for a walk, just over the fields hoping to snap some butterflies. Any semblance of a cooling breeze is now gone that June is here, the breeze is warm, still air warmer still.

And the crops in the fields are ripening, as the corn and barley has grown, and now just needs sunshine to turn gold and be ready for harvest.

Red Admiral Vanessa atalanta In the glade, I see a single Large Skipper, I have to chase it for several minutes until I get a shot or two. It’s probably thinking “bloody photographers”!

I walk back, and snap a Red Admiral in the hedgerow, a first of the season for me, but they have been about since early May.

And back home I think I deserve a beer, which as the fridge only has silly strong Belgian beer it was only going to end with me snoozing.

Bladder Campion Silene vulgaris And that was the day, really. I make chorizo hash for dinner, we also have a bottle of pink fizz. And after dinner I realise time is running out, I have to pack, make sure I have all my stuff for travel, then go to bed at a sensible time as in the morning up at quarter to five.

No comments: