Friday 23 June 2017

Thursday 22nd June 2017

An all round odd day, however, after the best night's sleep I have had in a week, I did not feel quite so shit. However, I did temper that with having an argument with our neighbour, which will never be healed I think. Oh well.

Thursday was the day the weather was supposed to break, with thunderstorms, cooler weather and generally be more bearable. NOw, I like a good storm, so switched on the computer to see how the storm radar was looking. Storms over Hampshire and Dorset but heading east. Oh goody.

Sea mist But there was the bins to put out, as we had forgotten or been away the last 2 times the recyclables were collected, we had an overflowing binful of glass and plastic bottles. So the most important thing was to pug the bin to the top of the drive as soon as possible, then think about breakfast and prepare for the first meeting of the day.

It was the usual Thursday morning moan in, and all of us in my role, I am not the only one, took turns in describing the issues each of them faces, with mixed results. And then there was the quarterly company meeting to attend. However, there was good news here, which, sadly, I can't tell you. But, still.

Good news!

Outside clouds gathered, sea mist rolled in and the wind picked up. I watched on the radar as the storms krept across Hampshire, Sussex and West Kent. Just before lunch I could hear the rumbles of thunder, then a couple of minutes later see the lightning register on the detector. Amazing.

One hundred and seventy one The clouds swept over, thunder and lightning dazzled, rain fell for 5 minutes, then it passed.

And that was it.

Clouds cleared and the sun came out, drying out the rain that had not soaked in, and in an hour you would never know it had rained.

At Jools' request we had burgers for dinner. Something quick and easy. And very dirty. Anyway, was good.

Later in the evening, after we had watched Monty, a day early because of Glasto, I heard from Tony, in middle of a 5 hour layover in Sydney waiting for his final flight to Wellington. Amazing to think he is already so far away. But he sounded in good spirits.

No comments: