Wednesday 7 June 2017

Tuesday 6th June 2017

73rd anniversary of D Day.

I mention this as people of all political colours are using this to justify what lies they are spreading. COme Friday morning, whoever has won, probably May, will have to pick up the pieces. Doing something seems to be the idea, even if what you propose is stupid and would create worse problems, they must be seen to be doing something. How did we ever get to this position, when we are lead by prats? I guess we get the leaders we deserve, but Jeez what a dreadful choice we have, and as if the underline this, May has been doing so badly, the polls have actually closed to less than 5%. Corbyn is not that good, but May is that bad.

Jools is so far behind at work, she is leaving for the office at half five in order just to catch up. I sleep through her phone alarm, her making coffee, making breakfast, getting dressed and leaving the house. I wake up at five past six to find me and the bed filled with sleeping cats, who had been fed and now wanted a warm body to lie next to.

One hundred and fifty five I have work to do, but I lie for five minutes with them.

But up and attem, stumbling down the stairs putting on my dressing gown and sweeping into the kitchen to make coffee. Outside the skies are already grey and rain has begun to fall.

There is a stack of things to do, but I am lethargic about getting started. I do switch the laptop on in time, and as the project has ended there is no longer an avalanche of mails now when I log on, jus the usual ones asing me to do expenses, time sheets, the usual stuff.

During and after Lunch comes round and I treat myself to warmed up chorizo hash, just a small plate of it, but after warming in the frying pan it feels like a real treak, eating something cooked at lunchtime. And it warms me up, despite it being JUne, it feels like the middle of winter, even if a glance at the thermometer reveals it to be not really that cold at all. But I resist putting the heating on, instead get a thick warm work top out of the wardrobe, so sit and work wearing that.

During and after The afternoon passes, so Molly and I take to the sofa to watch some Time Team, digging up what might be s middle age building or something. 24 hours later, and I can't remember. But it held my attention until it was time to prepare dinner.

Outside the weather alternated between dazzlingly bright sunshine and heavy downpours. It was during one of the downpours when I was breadcrumbing the chicken, clouds rolled over and day almost was turned into night. But by the time Jools arrived back, it was sunshine again.

With it not getting any warmer, we sit inside during the evening, looking at the wonders that Springwatch shows. Its the first episode of the year, only so much Michalla I can stand at once, but is good, even if a kestrel did poo into the camera. Really.

Anyway, another day down.....

No comments: