Tuesday 26 June 2018

Monday 25th June 2018

There will be no Brexit blog today.

Unless something very important or sill happens.

Monday, and back at work already. Is it me or are weekends getting shorter and shorter?

The usual stuff; coffee, cats,internet checking, and outside summer continues, after the many days last week we had of cloud and cool breezes, now we have days of unbroken sunshine.

Glorious. Or would be, if I didn't have to work.

And work it most certainly is, as I have a meeting with my boss telling me that after my annual assessment, I should be lucky just to work here, there will be no raise!

Oh well.

There's always work.

Outside starlings swarm on the food put out for the other birds. Yes, I know they're birds so are allowed to eat bird seed, but do they need to be so noisy about it?

I plough on with work, trying not to be fed up and frustrated. But, you know.

In fact I had a fine chat with my boss, he told me I was fantastic, or that's what I heard, but due to budget constraints and blah, blah, blah. You know. But we think you're great.

And outside the sun keeps beating down. And I keep hammering at the keyboard.

Lunch comes and goes, and at three I go to work from the sofa, so I can keep an eye on the Russia game, but switching the TV on I fnd Uruguay already 2-0 up against hosts, Russia. It ends 3-0, and Russia only had ten players. A warning, then, that no matter how good your start is, there's always a bigger and better team waiting. England take note.

One hundred and seventy five I water the garden in between games, as we have had no rain for week. We have also emptied the water butts. But the sun is doing wonders for the flowers. As is the watering.

We have insalata for dinner, with wine. Very civilised, before I settle down for the Iran portugal game. And very much better than it should have been, with Portugal 1-0 up, Ronaldo missed a penalty, could have been sent off and a late Iran equaliser. And Iran could have snatched it at the death. But hit the side netting instead.

Oh well.

Spain and Portugal go through.

And we go to bed, as getting up eary in the morning.

No comments: