Thursday 28 June 2018

Wednesday 27th June 2018

Pay Day.

And the pay rise dropped!

Kerching!

Although, if I'm honest, the rest of the day was a bit of an anticlimax, that is until the football in the afternoon.

There is not much to say about working from home, other than the days drag at times, although the weather outside was dull and cool, so not as though I could be going out to do something else.

The morning passes, I have salad for lunch, in a bid to be healthy, but I suspect the dressing had as many calories as a burger, but was nice enough and resisted the temptation to have either wine of beer with it, though that would have been good, but not for afternoon productivity.

One hundred and seventy seven So I was productive, in some way, though after 24 hours I can't recall what, but I am sure it was important and of the highest quality, what with me being a quality manager and all.

At three I take my laptop to watch the German v South Korea game from the sofa. No idea why, although Germnay could go out, they would win easily and they couldn't be as bad as they had been against Sweden.

Could they?

Yes they could.

Germany struggle, huff and puff but had failed to score at half time. For the second changes were made, and made no differences. But Germany were creating chances, the Koreans were getting tired and were easily challened off the ball, as Germany launched attack after attack.

And then Korea forced a corner, and from it the ball pinged around and was stabbed in the net. Offside. But the VAR proved that the through ball came from a German foot; the goal stood. Meaning that Germany had 5 minutes to score two goals.

The Germans surged forward, and missed chance after chance. And with time running out, Neuer pushed forward, acting as an 11th outfield player. And then the German move broke down, Korea played the ball forward, the forward breaking from his own half. The German defence tried to close him down, but he shimmied and put the ball in the net.

2-0!

There was just for kick off and that was it. Not only did Germany lose, not qualify for the next phase, but finished bottom of the group!

Amazing.

And that is why we love sports. Never know what will happen, even when we think we do!

Jools comes home, I make chorizo hash, though we skip the pink fizz this time, but I do quaff deeply from the box of red plonk.

For the evening, even though with Brazil playing, we watch two episodes of The Expanse, now nearing its clima, we hope, as we are at episode 10 of series 2 now. I watch some of the footy; Brazil score a second and I switch off, as lightning doesn't strike twice. At least not on the same day.

No comments: