Wednesday 13 June 2018

Tuesday 12th June 2018

Tuesday.

Market day in Kings Lynn.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's Of course.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's The day began cold and breezy, again. Jools was back at work, and I had a pile of work to do all day.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's I logged on and found i had to complete a spreadsheet stating what I was doing and where, every day in 2016. Just as well that I keep an accurate calendar in Outlook. But that was the morning gone.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's I go round to close the windows of the house, even put a coat on, and I'm still cold. This is flaming June, apparently.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's I complete the task and send it off just before lunch, then have the day to deal with the morning's and previous day's mails, ensuring that no matter how hard I try, I never get ahead.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's This is the modern world.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's Late in the afternoon, I have to wrap up early as I have to go to the doctor's to collect my meds. I decide, therefore to go the indirect route, so I can look for flowers and butterflies.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's I leave at half three, walking out over the fields using the path that a few weeks ago was several feet wide, but due to amazing growth of the undergrowth and flowers, is now barely wide enough for this Jelltex to walk through. But I got through.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's At the copse there is a fresh intake of piglets, who sweal their delight at seeing me, in the hope that I might have some food. Sadly, for them, I don't.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's So I leave them behind, walk down the Dip, weaving a path through the mud at the bottom, and then hauling myself up the steep slope the other side. I stop to snap flowers, plants and butterflies, one a fine Holly Blue, though the breeze was making macro hard to do.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's I walk back along Kingsdown Road into the village, then through a couple of newly discovered footpaths which take me back to almost the same place I started from!

I reach the surgery, but find that assurances last month that my prescription was all sorted and all I had to do was turn up and all would be ready. Was incorrect. They did not have my pills after all. So I have to leave empty handed, with just the receptionist's apologies.

Tuesday afternoon walk to the doctor's At the village pond, the ducklings from a month ago look nearly fully grown, but their number had been more than halved from 17 to just eight survivors.

I walk past the old Red Lion, now nearly just a house as work continues apace, then down Station Road to home. I get back at half five, late enough for the cats to be most upset that dinner is half an hour late.

I feed them, then prepare dinner; some coated chicken and lentil dahl, which is cooked and ready to eat by the time Jools comes home. We toast ourselves before eating.

No comments: