Saturday 28 August 2021

A word in your shell-like

This week I was interviewed for the A Word in Your Ear podcast, presented by former editors of Smash Hits, Q and The Word, and here is the resulting podcast/video:

I was asked to prep records, tickets, tat and all sorts, one from each decade, to talk about with Mark and David. We covered lots, and the most amazing thing, really, is that after my NWOBH phase, I went onto post punk, to electropop and finally to "indie" in gernaral and a decade listening to John Peel.

But as the chat was unplanned, we wouldn't know which direction a random comment could send the chat into.

So it was with this, as Hair and its second track took up a large part of the time.

ELO, Blondie and Pat Benatar all got mentions, and Love Will Tear us Apart got the best all time single, but nothing about New Order, Siuxsie, Echo and the Bunnyment, Cure and all the rest that filled my head and my handwritten charts for years.

So, I like all this and more. There is just good music, and bad music.

At the end I had stuff to talk about for another two hours, just not enough time, really.

If its still going next year, then I have loads more to talk about.

Until then.....

No comments: