Wednesday 25 August 2021

Tuesday 24th August 2021

Somehow I agreed to conduct an audit for three days this week, thus cuppering my plans to have the big day off on Wednesday.

I am an auditor, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to find I am asked from time to time to undertake actual audits. But then, as previously explained, they add some last minute training into the mix.

Anyway, I was up at the crack of dawn, really this time, had coffee, so I could have a meeting with a colleague to answer some questions before the audit started at half seven with a factory in Spain.

It goes without saying that I would much rather be in Spain in person, conducting the audit, but due to the twin crisi of Brexit and COVID I was home, and working from my dining roo table.

I won't dwell to much on work, except to say there was a language problem, in that my Spanish is almost zero, and listening to people trying to speak Englis, now don't get me wrong, most were very good, but accents were heavy, and I had to concentrate realy had.

So, the morning passed with interviews with management, HSE and quality.

I had a rushed lunch of pancakes (no time to make bread) and back to work to talk about something else, can't remember what.

But I can tell you by the time the closing meeting at three happened, I was pooped, and with the weather being sunny if breezy meant rushing out to find a shot for the day.

Two hundred and thirty six Somehow it was time to prepare dinner; fritters with losts of spice and lemon juice. They are always different, but never disappoint.

The evening was spent following Norwich in the League Cup on Twitter; a home game against "plucky" Bournemouth, who beat us twice last season, but didn't go up. Was going to be a tough game, and with Norwich blooding several new players, anything could happen, and it did, as City romped to a six (6) nil victory.

Hope we can save some of those golas for the weekend against Leicester.

We went to bed at nine, it had already been dark for half an hour, the new light (another new one) outside, shone a bright white light over the rock garden.

No comments: