Tuesday 21 November 2023

Monday 20th November 2023

Monday.

Back to work, again.

I actually quite like Mondays now. Being back office of a central function, there are usually no surprises when I start work, so I can look forward to a slow start to the week, and once looking through the inbox, decide what to fill my day with.

It was another day for most of which heavy rain was expected, and low winds, so the rain would linger rather than being blown through.

So I put the bins out, pick up the milk from the front door, and fill up the feeders before the low dark clouds delivered their rainy promise.

So, with it being dark enough to need the table light on again, I plough on trying to fill my days with stuff to do, or trying to fix problems that thus far have refused to be fixed.

The rain continued to fall into the afternoon, bringing something like dusk by about three. And then the clouds cleared, and just before sunset, the sun shone bright but low, so I went out to check on the garden, followed by Mulder and Scully.

Mulder I found the third orchid rosette, another Pyramidal, in the lawnmeadow, making three now, and maybe there could be more just waiting to be discovered.

Scully Being Monday, Jools was off to aquafit, so for supper I made a half batch of Norfolk short cakes, which would be col when she came back at just gone eight.

Three hundred and twenty four By then, England had kicked off against North Macedonia, another dead rubber for England, one which never really caught fire, so ended 1-1, and so we fnish top of the group having qualified for next year's Euros.

No comments: