Friday 17 November 2023

Thursday 16th November 2023

Another day, one of the countless ones this autumn, when the rain was due to just fall and fall. Though, in the end, not as hard as expected, but heavy enough and fell for about nine hours, or from dawn to dusk, just about.

Jools left early to go swimming in the pool. I was just up, so sat around dazed, waiting for it to be seven and time for work.

I said earlier this week that we had not seen the fox for weeks, and so it seemed, but just at sunrise, I looked out and there was the fox, sniffing around the fird feeder looking for scraps to eat. So I took it out two handfuls of peanuts and two fat balls. It watched me from the far side of the garden, not quite trusting me, but knowing there would be food. I backed up, and as soon as I was ten feet from the feeder, it was in, eating away.

Three hundred and twenty A nice start to the day.

So, ant then what?

Not much really.

Still up to date at work, but I keep on top of things, plan new meetings for next week, while outside the rain began, so I put the table lamp on, Scully lay on the windowsill behind the computer screen, enjoying the heat from the radiator.

We passed the day in own way, me working and Scully sleeping.

By the time the rain eased in the afternoon, it was too late for a walk. And too cold. I told myself. Tomorrow, I will go for a walk. He promised.

Maybe.

Anyway, the end of the working day. I listen to some old radio shows, that cheers me up before prepping fritters for dinner. Instead of curry spices, I used Morrocan, and added fruit and honey to the batter. Made it a bit too wet, which made cooking tricky, but were still pretty darn good.

Sadly, no football to watch in the evening, but time slips by any way.

No comments: