Friday 24 January 2020

Epilogue

I have decided to stop writing about Brexit because it was bad for my mental health.

Knowing all this stuff caused me stress. I mean it, going over in my mind the lies, the law breaking, the suffering that has gone and that which is to come.

The facts of Brexit, what it will cost, and what was sacrificed in order to drive it through is all out in the public domain, and yet nothing has changed. Law breaking, giving the Monarch unlawful advice and much, much more has had no consequences. Johnson is still PM when he should be in prison, the rest drummed out of Parliament for offences far more serious that have ended others careers.

What goes on at Westminster is one thing, but what will happen to the country is another. It will be the poor, the disabled, the sick, the single parents that will suffer. Social spending will fall to level not seen since before the war.

Much of what we take for granted now will be lost. Forever.

Whole industries will crumble and fall.

Communities and whole area will become industrial wastelands. Again. Te Tories did it once before and clearly have no qualms about doing it again.

And yet people. Working class People. Voted for them. In huge numbers.

Do I feel sorry for them? No. They knew and yet did it anyway. I held my nose and voted for Corbyn because even he was better that Johnson and the Brexiteers. Others did not. So here we are.

I was going to record the long slow decline of Britain, but I won't.

What's the point.

We will all know the reason, even when Johnson and Co try to deflect blame. They own this.

Many thanks for reading, I will now go back to my orchids, churches, football and music and beer.

It won't stop the damage that will be further done.

No comments: