Friday 24 January 2020

Thursday 23rd January 2020

Back to normal.

Meaning that no football to go to that night, and two hours less sleep to work on.

I was a grump in the morning when the alarm went off.

My legs said there was no way they were going to be able to do phys at that time in the morning. So I had coffee and listened to some radio while Jools made busy to go to work.

I will do phys at lunchtime, I said.

Not really believing myself even as the words left my mouth.

Instead of sunshine, there was grey, and a slight mist outside. No use for photography. At all. Best do some work.

So I do.

I have breakfast, and then get down to work, but soon I find myself getting cold as the heating had switched itself off. I could go and switch it on, or let it get colder and then go and do some phys, and only after phys could I put the heating on.

Sounded like a plan.

So, just before midday, I go upstairs and do 20 minutes on the cross trainer. This time with no ill effects, and with a great soundtrack. Meaning as soon as I got off, I went into our bedroom to switch the heating and hot water on.

After a working lunch, I have a shower, and soon am warming up. Which is nice.

The cats sleep through the morning and into the afternoon, but Scully wakes up at three demanding "meow", and Mulder brings me in a mouse for a snack, and then demanding kibbles as a reward.

Twenty three In giving him his reward, I see his muddy paw prints on my hifi, though he denies all knowledge.

I finish work at four, and sit on the sofa to watch a recording of last night's football, fast forwarding through City's game, only to look at how the second goal for Spurs went in.

Sigh.

Dinner is to be kofte kebabs and fried potatoes and beans. This usually means there will be a large brew (of tea) to go with dinner. But turned out it was a wine day.

Wine.

We tidy up, then listen to radio until nine, at which point we decide we were so pooped we would go to bed early doors.

So, not much happened.

No comments: