Friday 31 January 2020

Thursday 30th January 2020

Thursday.

Back to the phys today too.

Bugger.

Though I am through the dreading the phys stage, and onto the quite looking forward to listening to some music while I work out.

It is Jools' last working day of the week, which sounds good to me. Something I would like to run by my boss, but having just started the job, probably not a good idea.

For now.

The sunshine of the last two days had gone, and low dark cloud hung in the sky, once it was light enough to see it.

And once Jools had left for work, I went upstairs to do my workout, listen to music. Yes, I did just 20 minutes, but as this was now well within my ability, I know that soon I would have to increase the time I pump for.

Fifteen That done, after cooling down I have a shower and get breakfast prepared before setting up my office.

And here we go.

Much the same today, though with it being so gloomy outside, I needed the table lamp on all day.

Through the day, I sort out some papers, and I find the form for requesting my Granddad's war record. In order to do so, I needed a copy of his entry in the local register. And for that I either needed his birthday or age at death. I knew when he died.

So began a search through the remaining boxes and files of stuff in the spare room. I find the stash of certificates; nothing to do with Granddad.

So I begin an online search: thing is, with his family there were reoccurring family names of William and Amos, and his name was William Amos. Confusion abounds. And on top of that he had a common Irish surname too, making it doubly complicated.

I searched his papers from the Army I had, surely something would have his date of birth on? No, apparently not.

And after an hour, I found it online on a family history site.

All that was needed then was to register an account with Norfolk County Council. All was going well until it came to the password, and it had to have a capital, a number and a special character, and have a certain degree of randomness to be accepted. Does the modern world have to be so complicated?

So, by early afternoon I had requested the certificates, now just have to wait.

And back to work.

Until gone four when I could wrap up work for the day and prepare dinner: a salsa to go with the nachos we were to have.

To go with it, I open a bottle of the special IPA I had been waiting to share with Wayne: bottle conditioned to 7.4%, robust and went well with the spicy nachos, as I had put half a bottle of hot sauce in the salsa.

Marston No.1 Horninglow Street Yay, another triumph!

And so to another quiet evening of writing, editing and listening to music. The cats slpet on, with an eye open just in case we went near the cat food cupboard.

No comments: