Sunday 2 October 2016

Allegy update

Sometimes I write posts to remind myself of things that happened. And this is the case today, to allow me to judge one season to previous.

As expected, I began to get sneezy and sniffly just after my birthday, and sometimes these have developed into an attack. There is no pattern as to what has set an attack off, and no reason either why one would just peter out for little reason. I can say that I think that I am allergic to the circulated air in:

Southeastern class 395 Javelins
Dornier 328 aircraft operated by Sun Air for British Airways
The cleaning materials used by Europcar at Billund airport inside their hire cars
Too much deodorant
Too much shower gel

But then after an attack, it just fades away. And if the above were true, I can say that on the return trip from Denmark this week, I did not have any of the sniffs and sneezes I did on Monday.

I can tell you it is very frustrating, but then again, with me knowing the shower gel is a trigger, using as little as possible has meant that the attacks for the most part have not been as bad this year and in previous ones. In all honesty, if I can sleep, I am happy enough, although my breathing can sound crappy, as long as I get at least six hours, I can cope. And the over the counter drugs do help too, coupled with the use of shower gel means there is some semblance of control.

On the whole, its been a good season, attacks begin and then fade, sometimes several times a day, but with careful use of drugs and using less shower gel, not too bad.

I expect these to carry on into the new year, just fading away in January. As usual.

No comments: