Sunday 9 October 2016

Saturday 8th October 2016

It is the weekend.

Yay.

And after nine hours, I at least feel I have enough energy to enjoy it. Which is nice.

But as is usual, after a week away, I don't feel inclined to go to far away. And as it turned out, the furthest we went was Tesco, and for the rest of the day there was radio, cheese, wine, cats and football.

Which was nice.

Yes, although the day was bright, it seemed that I wanted to do as little possible. However, the one task we could not avoid was shopping, and go to Tesco. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat and drink as the next person, but it would be nice it this act was, you know, fun. Rather than getting there and round as quick as possible and having to plan it like a military operation.

Saying that, the branch of the military I used to work for, the first part of any planning was securing at least a four star hotel and enough rooms for one to be designated a "party room", so maybe that doesn't hold up. Anyway, even at a minute past eight, it was still quiet, so we went round and gout our supplies for the weekend and beyond.

That done, we go to the scanner payment till, and we are free. Dumping the bags in the back of the car and going home whilst the roads were still free of crazy people.

Phew. And we're back, putting the shopping away, croissants and coffee for breakfast, and then Huey on the radio for three hours, whilst I write and edit shots. Perfect morning.

We have cheese and wine for lunch, because we can. This means the afternoon will be spent fighting off snoozing on the sofa, watching last week's football. I am joined by Molly who is only too happy to join me on the sofa and cuddle up to my thigh, purring quietly. Such a joy.

We have the Christmas beer to bottle. I check the gravity, and it is perfect 1014 whatevers, so we are all go. We wash and sterilise 45 bottles, get the pipe prepared and away we go. The bucket is on the work surface, and the bottles low down on a small table, and in an hour we have all bottles filled with dark beer, we then cap them, and I lable the 5 I am taking to my friends in Denmark at Christmas. Wish it was drinkable now!

At five it is football time, the start of another new dawn. Again, for England. With a new manager and the same old players, who despite being so good week in week out in the Premier League, just seem to be, well, average on the international stage. And guess what? They weren't good enough last night either! Should we be surprised? I suppose not. The second half was very poor, despite being two goals up, they failed to build on that and actually got worse. So, a 2-0 win against the 178th ranked team in the world. About right.

We have dinner, then watch, or I watch, Boy George talking about growing up in the 1970s. He was gay you know! Not that this is a problem, and it was interesting, witty, funny and all that. But then Goerge can have a sharp tongue and sometimes maybe not tell the whole truth. But as entertainment, it was fine.

No comments: