Friday 14 October 2016

Thursday 13th October 2016

You know what I said about Groundhog Day yesterday?

Up at half six, get ready, go down for breakfast, drive to the office, start work, drink coffee.

And repeat.

It is cooler now, and you need a coat to walk around outside. I have work to do inside as I try to pull various stands of the project together and direct them in generally the same direction. Its hard work.

Even harder is when lunchtime comes around and I have no food, but the techs are cooking frickadellas and eggs and I have just an apple to eat. Poor me. But there is a surfeit of cake Seems that Thursday is cake day, and Lars brings in five sweet gooey cakes made with cream and chocolate with a biscuit base, of which I have two or three good slices, giving me a sugar rush. Late in the day, a bowl of chocolate mice and other delicacies are put out too, but I have had too much sweetness.

Today was the day eight day's hard work paid off, and there was something to feel good about. With the log jam cleared, inspections could be undertaken and paperwork completed. So by the end of the day, we were ahead of the curve.

We were so happy, Brian, Steffen and myself agreed to meet at Flammen for dinner and a friendly beer. I booked the table, so at six we were all outside, shivering and ready for some good Danish BBQ.

There is ribs, steak, stuffed port, sausages, venison, kangaroo and more. So much more. I skip fries now, and have some insalata to begin with, then just meat and onion rings. A meal fit for kings, and that night we ate like kings too, and laughed and joked the way only old friends can.

A night we all needed after weeks of pressure.

I walk back to the hotel, stuffed and tired. I was too tired to do much on the computer, so lay in the bed with the radio playing, watching The Fugitive with the Danish subtitles. Before I fall asleep, I switch it off once Ford had jumped from the dam, and I had laughed and the clearly visible stuffed dummy falling into the water.

No comments: