Saturday 8 October 2016

Friday 7th October 2016

We both slept well, which was good. So good in fact we turned off the alarm and went back to sleep for a while. A shame as Jools was going to have to go to Tesco and come back before she drove to work as there was a lack of milk in the house.

The cats had even given up on waking us up, but the grindstone beckoned.

Coffee, more coffee and some fruit meant I was ready. Ready for the day. And once I switched the computer on I was sure an avalanche of mails would come tumbling out. Instead there was an odd silence. Silence in that there was very few mails, and not the ones I was expecting anyway.

I have the radio on, the day progresses and I end up in quite a good mood. Jools also had bought me some fresh rolls for lunch, which I eat before eleven of course, but that's always the way.

Outside the sun shines inbetween passing clouds. Birds come to eat and squabble in the front garden.

Then the calls begin.

Its what I'm here for anyway.

And I bat the grenades away, one by one. Which was nice.

Jools comes home at three, and I carry on working until half four. Then the weekend can begin. It has been on a full on week for us both, JOols has been doing the work of two again as her boss is away, and I have been doing my thing. In Belgium. With waffles.

Last night was when my interview was supposed to be on TV. It was pulled, I think as there was another guy on who illustrated his teenage diary. And what he did was glorious. Clearly there was room for only one diarist, and it was right that he got on instead of me. It was a good show, and although its not always good to look back, but on soe occasions, it can be fun, seeing how we, the fans, reacted to our heroes and idols, and in the years before the web, lived out our fantasies. Whilst some actually met the rock stars.

2 comments:

nztony said...

Very magnanimous words in the last paragraph - I for one was furious you were overlooked for this episode!

jelltex said...

And I mean it, his diary was a work of art. But I liked better tunes of course, it goes without saying!