Friday 21 October 2016

Thursday 20th October 2016

I wake up to the sound of falling rain. More like a waterfall, really. I lay there in the dark as the rain continued to fall, hammering down on the roof of some part of the kitchen down below.

I am used the agenda for the day now; up to check n the news, shower, get dressed and then down for breakfast, taking a table among the thirty or so unoccupied tables, and then there is the usual fabulous feast to choose from. And the coffee machine was working fine too, which is always a bonus.

Out into the rain in the car, making my way along deserted town centre streets, slowing for every crossing so to ensure I don't take out a cyclist, as they never stop and just tear across. I make it to the ring road without ingredient, and then round two massive roundabouts, which no one seems to observe any rules on, so I take care in exiting, pass under the railway and along the docks to the office.

Seems there had been a team event the evening before, and that then stretched into some beer drinking, which meant the offices were just about deserted, so I take the spare office and begin work.

From the office window Through the morning, people turn up for work, and so the place livens up. A couple of bags of filled rolls are provided for lunch, after which there is more of the same work as usual. Not sure what I did, but it took me all day to do it, and am kept on my toes.

At four, I had had enough and packed up my stuff for a drive to the hotel in daylight. I listen to the radio, and afternoon turns into evening, more rain falls.

I am due to meet my minions at seven, but find the whole project team arriving too outside the hotel. Once we are all there we walk to Den Artist for some BQ and beer and good talk. And laughs

From the office window It really does make an evening feel different when there are people to share food and drink with. We are assembled on the mezzanine floor again, filling the table up. The waitress brings us a constant stream of bottled beers and good food.

We left about half nine, and as soon as we had set foot out the door, the rain came down once more. As we walked past the empty bars that remained open, neon lights reflected off the cobbles, but we strode on trying to get back to either the hotel or flats before we got too wet. One by one we peel off until there are just the three of us who were staying at the hotel. Made it just as my rain proof jacket bean to leak. Phew.

More football on TV, I watch it was one eye, whilst fill my time on the internets and listening to the radio.

No comments: