Friday 14 October 2016

Wednesday 12th October 2016

Oh look, Groundhog Day!

Same hotel room, same sight outside the window, same thing for breakfast, same commute to work, same issues at work.

It is October, and in Denmark, it is getting cooler, chilly even. I venture out onto the site to look at the turbines, take some shots and check up on what is being done. It is impressive, standing in the middle of 20 55m long blades, with them stretching out before me. And this is what I do now, and am responsible for this. Wowzers, really.

Back inside, more mails, more calls, more coffee. The usual.

I wish I could say the day was more exciting than it was, but you know. In the office, looking out the window, drinking coffee, wishing I could have something other than fruit for lunch, and is it time for dinner.

I work to five, then pack up my stuff, wondering if I made any difference at all. I hope I do.

I am drained, all I feel like doing is laying on the bed listening to the radio, which I do for several hours, taking a break only for dinner where I hear my mouth asking for burger, fries, beer. And who am I to argue? And it is naughty but good, dark beer and whilst reading Molesworth, like as any fule no is grate.

There is no football on TV, for a change, so I am able to go to bed when I am tired, which is before ten.

No comments: