Friday 28 October 2016

Monday 24th October 2016

I had my hire car, my hotel reservation and had booked my passage through the Tunnel. So there was no excuse for a late start. And with this being the most important week of the project thus far, it is going to prove to be very exciting to say the least.

I am awake at half five and up at quarter to six, feeding the cats and making coffee and breakfast. I manage to watch the highlights of the football, laughing at all four goals Utd conceded in comical fashion. I dress and am ready, so no more faffing around, I load the car and drive to the terminal.

As I had booked late, there were no cheap fares, and the flexi ticked, able to travel any time, was only a few quid more expensive. So I chose that. I did mean the use of a separate lounge, and I though a separate carriage on the train with dancing unicorns, sweetmeats in aspic to eat and the such, but as I arrived at the lounge I saw that boarding had started, I drove straight through onto the train, where, much to our dismay, we joined the queue with those on the cheaper tickets and ended up in the same carriage as normal. Oh well.

But it was not yet nine, and I was on my way.

On the other side, the sun shone down on Flander's fields and the motorway, traffic was light even if it was half term, so I powered north keeping at the speed limit, through northern France and into Belgium. I took the motorway into Oostende, it entered the city near the station and the office just a few minutes away. So simple and queue free.

And the office is a hive of activity, so I don't fit in at all! Well, I do really, I settle into the office, check mails and so the battle is rejoined, and continues until 5 when I realise I am bushed again, and need a shower. So, I pack up and drve to the hotel, checking into another room that does not face onto the beach! Instead I can hear the clattering and banging from the kitchens below.

I have arranged to meet with the team at half six, at which point we walk to the trendy burger place next to the hotel where we all order various burgers with cheese and silly strong beer. When in Belgium......

We are done, and when we look around, I see that the restaurant is packed, I mean not a spare table, unlike last week when there were just four table taken. Must be a holiday in Belgium too I guess. Anyway, I pay for the meal and the others go back to the ir flat and I to my room where I lay on the bed listening to the radio, another day done and all that.

No comments: