Friday 28 October 2016

Wednesday 26th October 2016

And its Groundhog Day. Again. Without the Sonny and Cher of course, but the alarm wakes me at half six, I get ready and am down for breakfast when the place opens at seven, filling up on fruit, compote, roll with sprinkles and coffee. Another fine day is waking, although still dark outside.

So I get the car out of the tightest garage once again, down the ramp and out over the paved area to the road, then avoiding manic cyclists to the harbour and the office where there are two coffee machines ready to dispense instant joy.

I did have Jesper keeping me company for breakfast and in the car to the office. He is down to dish out some safety awareness training. I had that a few weeks back so will be spared.

In the office I power up the laptop and am dealing with the usual stuff, I find that things are really moving forward now, and so we wait the arrival of the vessel.

As there is a course, there is food for lunch, crunchy rolls with ham or cheese, all very nice. And free.

In the evening there is another group meal, meeting outside the hotel at seven. But it seems that Jesper and I can't resist the temptation of beer sitting outside the hotel while we put the world to rights. Another one? Go on then.

One of the techs has the address of a Chinese place programmed in, and so we walk through the town, at route march pace, passing by many places that look fine, and the fair set up in a few of the town squares. We end up beside the marina, where we find the restaurant closed.

However, a short stomp away is another, and they have like 50 free tables, so plenty of room for the 13 of us.

We end up playing lucky dip calling out numbers from the menu, I mean as much as I like Chinese, though not as much as a curry, it all pretty much comes out the same in truth, so I end up with mini spring rolls, and chicken cooked in Gran Marnier liqueur; that well known rustic recipe. Anyway, after setting it on fire, it was OK, lots of fruit and washed down by Chinese and Belgian beer. A nice cocktail.

From there we walked back to where we live, at each junction another one or two peeling off towards their flat until there was just three of us walking up to the hotel.

No comments: