Saturday 29 July 2017

Friday 28th July 2017

Yeah, I know its been a long and dull week, all copy/pasting and working from home with nary a walk to the dip to break the week up. But we reach to Friday, have done the task I set myself for July, and with two working days to spare, meaning I could no longer put of the travel expenses any longer. Then there is the usual task first thing of putting up my "working hours". And that really was it for the day.

I had slept badly, mainly thanks to Scully taking most of the foot of the bed, and me having to wrap myself round her, and taking an hour to get back to sleep after she woke me up in the wee small hours. In fact I don't hear Jools get up, only come to when I can smell coffee brewing.

The year is getting away from us, in some 15 days we shall be flying out on the great mid-west adventure, it seems that the year since we said we would go has flown by, and even now hard to believe in three week, or less, we shall be in Wyoming.

Two hundred and nine Anyway, with the final batch of spending money now added to our travel credit cards (don't ask), we are just about set. On THursday we managed to secure a taxi to and from the airport, so all is now set except for a cople of nights when we travel between places in America, all thrilling stuff, and we are leaving those two nights to chance and hope to find a place. Or we could sleep in the car.

At eight I start work, add my working hours, just before I get a reminder from my boss to do so.

Now, travel expenses are a pin in the butt, but never as bad as your mind tells you they are going to be. We have a new system, you just create a trip, attach credit card bills to the trip, add scans of said receipts to the report, and easy. as that. But, your mind tell you it was like it was in the old day, in SAP, make a mistake and the system would freeze you out for days. It isn't and doesn't,, but scanning and sending mails from one computer to the other takes and hour. So by lunchtime the job is done, and looking at my work contacts on Skype, all but two have either finished for the weekend or still on their holibobs.

I watch some TV before deciding that will do for the week, switch the computer off, pack it away and make a brew.

Jools returns at three, with more milk which means brews all round. Again.

And that meant it was the weekend, and we should do something with it. We listen to the radio. For dinner we have defrosted chili, nowhere near as nasty as it sounds. In fact was mighty tasty, and being frozen did nothing to lighten the induced burn.

A quiet evening, with Only Connect and The Don on TV. While outside a near gale blow, rattly fence panels between Chez Jelltex and the neighbours.

No comments: