Wednesday 26 July 2017

Tuesday 25th July 2017

Tuesday will be remembered for being "migraine day"

I was having one even before I work up, experiencing the delight of one whilst dreaming. I can confirm then that the flashing lights of the migraine were affecting the dreams, like when awake the lights appear to be affecting what you see, causing distortion.

Two hundred and one So, when I woke up, I wasn't feeling too sharp, but accepted a coffee, not maybe the best thing, but did avoid the usual grapefruit for breakfast. After a while, it went off, but I was left feeling odd, the best way I can explain. I did switch on my work computer, did an hour, but I could feel the effects on my vision I get just before the flashing lights appear. So, I quickly set an put of office message, and signed off for the day. But this also had to be extended to the home PC, so, putting the radio on, I went to lay on the sofa, and there I stayed pretty much the rest of the day.

Greenfinch Chloris chloris I did find out I could do some photography on the sofa, snapping garden birds on the feeder. As you do.

I was able to watch some TV, seems the high cycle rate of the LED TV did not trigger an attack, maybe it was because I was sitting further away, or, who knows. Anyway, I watch some TV, listen to the radio, listen to a podcast, anything but go on a computer.

The morning passes, afternoon comes, which means Time Team, and so Molly and I can sit on the sofa and watch. An hour goes by, and it is time to prepare dinner, so I go to the internet to pull up a recipe for focaccia bread, and begin preparing. Not sure if it was the frequent trips to look at the screen for the recipe, but soon the migraine was back with avengeance. I carry on cooking, making the pasta sauce, cooking the pasta and baking the stuffed bread.

Greenfinch Chloris chloris I say dammit and have wine with dinner, I feel so shitty, why not go the whole hog. So when Jools returns from work, all is prepared and I am dishing up. We listen to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, then once that is done, I go to bed for a lay down, and end up not getting up until the morning.

No comments: