Friday 28 July 2017

Thursday 27th July 2017

And so it came to pass, that the great copy and pasting marathon did indeed come to an end. I could go on and do the 32 remaining appendices, and maybe I will, but for now, that will do, Pig. That will do. Some of the annexes comprised only a few pages, a mere handful, so whipping through them this week has been easy, easy, squeezy peasy. So, even with meetings in the morning, the usual moan-in followed by the bi-weekly cannot dampen my joy at coming to the end of the project.

That said, with the summer holidays coming to an end next week, it means that work will become ever more demanding, and these weeks which have been spent copy and pasting and watching Le Tour will soon be but a memory. But then there is more travel, and not work-based travel, to look forward in just over two weeks. So, much to be excited about.

Outside there is more rain, heavy at times falling, so I have to get out early before work to snap some butterflies that were about and basking in the early morning sunshine: Small Tortoiseshells, Gatekeepers, Meadow Browns, Red Admirals and Large Whites all about, so I try to snap them, but in the keen breeze, it is tricky.

Two hundred and eight And then onto work, a meeting with fellow managers of quality; only four of us this week, but then that is a 33% increase on last week. We talk, we complain, then get back to work. I have the radio on, and sip a fresh coffee and the morning whizzes by once more. Lunch is cold wild garlic sausages, cous cous and a left over chili chicken goujon. I am tempted to have a glass of wine, but managed to have a tea instead and so the afternoon is as productive, and come two or so, I finish the final annex and can save the document.

Phew.

In celebration I was a documentary about Mozart in London, and am amazed to find out he wrote his first symphony when in London. Aged 8. 8!

Anyway, the afternoon is getting on, and I decide to put off the travel expenses until Friday, thus meaning I had done this now each day, putting off doing something, the expenses, for four consecutive days and something which is never as bad as you imagine it will be. But that is for tomorrow, he said, watching yet another Time Team.

That leaves chorizo hash preparation to be done before Jools comes home, and dancing to the music in the kitchen as the radio plays songs by The Cure and Echo and the Bunnymen.

THe evening is filled with dinner, red wine and great music. Jools does some stuff in the garden, and I watch England Women beat Portugal; as you do, it don't watch itself does it. And I suppose this is where I have to tell you that the football season begins in 8 days. 8 days.

1 comment:

nztony said...

Well done of the completion of the "copy and pasting." I am proud to say I was there with you when it all began, but did sit there very quietly so you could get on with it. I was quieter than a mouse if you remember.