Saturday 22 July 2017

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Another day, hard at work. At home. Copy and pasting.

As you do.

I wish I could tell you I do more interesting and exciting things than this, but life inbetween projects means days at home, and much, much preparation for what comes next. However, come tomorrow there maybe some excitement. As a teaser. Let see what the morrow brings.

It is funny, I spent the best part of three years traveling probably three weeks out of four, and so that has become the norm, and now, at times I don’t know what to do with myself. If it were not for the copy and pasting, I would be really lost. As it is, I have the mouse, left and right mouse buttons and a note book.

I am now at least two thirds through the main document, maybe as much as three quarters. Wow, and I know I have achieved something.

Well I did achieve something: I tested out the new ND filter I got for the eclipse. I got out the tripod, attached the camera and lens, and found actually finding the sun when all but it appears blacker than night through the viewfinder, very difficult. And when I did find it and rattle off some shots, there were clouds partially obscuring it, so making the disc invisible, but there will be other times. I am watched by at least one cat who must wonder what I was doing. Or maybe Scully just wondered when the next meal was coming from.

One hundred and ninety four I work the morning through, have lunch, then take a seat on the sofa to watch the first Alpine stage, I also had the computer, notebook and pen, and in fact do more work than intended, and attend meetings meaning that I don’t watch as closely as perhaps I wanted, but work got something approaching value for money.

For some reason, Tuesday was steak night. I thought about doing something different and was told the pink fizz Was already in the fridge. So, steak it was. I prepare it during the day once it defrosted, seasoned it and rubbed oil into it. This works to make the meat even more tender, and with the fresh pepper, nice and spicy. Without being overpowering.

So, Jools arrives back home, I cook the potatoes, sweetcorn and last minute cook the steak so it is rare. Jools opens the wine and dinner is served.

And it is lovely, I mean really, really good. And not bad for a Tuesday.

Time is slipping away, as tomorrow I am traveling again, and somewhere new for these pages.

No comments: