Saturday 11 November 2017

Friday 10th November 2017

And we come to the last day of the week, and Jools and I had come to an agreement over the plans for the weekend. I would stay home the weekend and Jools would drive up to Suffolk to visit to MUm in hospital. Truth is I got so tired last weekend with a single day return trip, but what with my trip to Denmark on Monday, and four days away in a week was enough, without a trip to Suffolk too. But then again, it would be my turn next weekend to go up. With Jools going up we would get at least an accurate report on how much was, as my daily phone calls to ward 16 sometimes mean that there is a helpful, or a totally unhelpful nurse would answer the call. So, some days I would get a detailed medical report, or after a quick look at her notes; she's OK.

Anyway, more of that later.

It is Friday, and I really had work to be getting on with, but the forces of evil were out in force that day, and from the moment I started work, people were out diverting me from my planned task. I have breakfast, but even after eating well at breakfast, I remembered that there was half a bag of salt and vinegar crisps in the larder, and as soon as the thought of them popped in my head, I could hear them calling. I really didn't need to have lunch at ten, but what the heck. So I make sandwiches, put in the last of the crumbed ham, and a layer and another of crisps. Push down on the sandwiches, the crisps break. Make a brew, and then go to the living room to eat whilst looking through the Twitter feed scrolling round.

Three hundred and fourteen I wasn't really that hungry to start with, and certainly wasn't afterwards. But hey, ham and crisp sandwiches.

Come three in the afternoon, all meetings done, next weekend's meetings arranged, a coordination call or two done. Time to relax.

Jools comes back just before four, having done the shopping, so we unload the car put the shopping away. Make a brew so we can have the remainder of the scones, one each, although there is no clotted cream to put on them.

At six, even though I wasn't that hungry, Jools asked if I wanted a small or medium fish with my ships. Medium is the only answer of course. And she goes to pick dinner up, so I get to make more brews and butter the bread.

After dinner, which if I'm honest wasn't very good, I call Sheila, and she gives us the sitrep on Mum and her aches and pains. Mum was still in the isolation ward, depressed, and not really made much progress. Anyway, we swapped news and told her that Jools was coming up the next day.

Just to make Jools' day, there was football on TV which I could entertain Jools with; England v Germany, which seems to be an annual event these days. A good game, ended up 0-0, but was entertaining. But then an two hours spent watching a non-competitive game which had no goals.

No comments: