Friday 10 November 2017

Thursday 9th November 2017

And it is Thursday.

As a contrast to the constant drizzle of the day before, Thursday was to be warm and sunny. Or as warm as it can be in November. At six it is dark outside, but soon light begins to appear, and soon the sky is dark red and orange, with cloud bars running parallel to the horizon. It make a stunning sight, and I take shots, of course, and then stand in the kitchen as the free lightshow plays out.

Three hundred and thirteen Jools has made coffee, so I stand and sip the warm liquid and watch the day begin.

At eight, after the bins had been put out, I start work with the department meeting. So, what is happening with our projects and what are our problems. And more general moaning.

I have decided to travel next week; my first trip since June I believe, at least to Denmark. For me who did 38 trips last year, one overnight trip to Hamburg and one to Brussels and that is it, most of my time spent at home, except when I was in Suffolk visiting Mum in hospital. I have got quite used to being home, listening to the radio, being with the cats and seeing the seasons change in our garden. The sun now rises out of the back of the house, rising above the houses the other side of the dip. The moon rises way in the east, out of sight behind Mick and Kay's house, and by the time we can see it, it is high in the sky and bright, even when it is less than half full and waning.

I thought about making my own mini henge to make the summer and winter solstices; how far the sun has to travel south before the seasons change and it begins to rise in the mornings ever eastwards as the days grow longer.

I was toying with the idea of walking to the shop to buy some crisps to go with my ham sandwich, but I find a pack of salt and vinegar in the kitchen cupboard. Made my day. So I make sandwiches, each with a thick layer of salty crisps. Very nice indeed.

Software on my computer failed again, and so I have had to ask for a new one as it is unusable, so I have to take breaks as I switch the bloody thing off and wait to ensure that Outlook resets itself so I can write mails again. I catch up on my reading; the new WSC, and soon have gone through it, tanks to tea and the radio burbling in the background.

Dinner is another half pizza and another batch of fresh scones made to use up the last of the clotted cream. I do something wrong and the scones are so fragile, but taste good, more so with huckleberry jam and cream on them.

Night falls, the cats are fed and Jools comes back home. Too dark for a walk now of an evening. But still, we have a few hours before bedtime. We listen to the radio, and then I edit some pictures and Jools does stuff with beads.

Another days passes.

No comments: