Tuesday 28 November 2017

Monday 27th November 2017

Pay Day (Jelltex)

And it is Monday.

As it is the end of November, it is cold and night and cool during the day. There are frosts every morning now, and cold when we get up and before the keating kicks in.

Jools is up and about before I am. I lay in bed and hear her making her lunch, but once the gas is lit I know there is 5 minutes before coffee is ready, so I get up.

There is a couple of hours before i need to start work, so after checking the news online, I go to sit on the sofa and watch the highlights of Sunday's games. All the while, Jools is getting ready for work, and outside dawn is coming. In fact the sun doesn't rise about the dip now until twenty to eight, or would do it it wasn't raining.

Three hundred and thirty one The low dark clouds and steady rain meant that it didn't get fully light, light enough to turn the table lamp off until gone nine.

A typical working day, mails, meetings, phone calls, stops for brews, lunch at half eleven.

The rain had stopped, but it is very damp and cold, much better to just look out the window as I nurse a fresh brew.

The cats being asking for dinner just after one. So put some kibbles out for them, and it satisfies them. A little. See, I say that working from home is dull. A fresh brew is something to look forward to!

Come three in the afternoon and all the plans I had for work lay in tatters and so I fill the calendar for tomorrow with the jobs I should have done today. As is usual.

There is still more party food for dinner; the last of what I got on Friday, but it does mean unpacking it all, popping it on a baking tray and cooking for ten or so minutes. Jools comes home and we open a cider or beer, and sit down to discuss our underwhelming days.

The evening is more of the usual; radio, editing shots and drinking tea. Its not rock and roll, and then by eight we are yawning, but try to stay up until ten.

On top of everything else, there is to be a Royal Wedding. I mean, really BBC, was this the biggest news story of the day anywhere in the world? Each news bulletin, this gets 90% of the time, and the rest of the woes in the world gets a brief mention. I don't hate the royals, but see no point in them in the 21st century. And when there are tens of thousands starving and living on the streets, or working people needing food banks, that we keep this one family in gilded cages, and then it emerges that the Queen invests via offshore companies in credit companies that prey on the poorest in society.

No comments: