Sunday 5 November 2017

Friday 3rd November 2017

Last day of the week.

1st Day of bonfire week* (* Bonfire Day used to be only on the 5th, not can last over a weekend or even a week. Or two.)

I feel much better this morning, more positive to be honest, and once Jools had made the first coffee of the day, and has showered, dressed and left, I switch off the home PC and switch on the work computer, determined to get the rewrite of the document done, and have no other distractions. Eyes down for a good day's work.

An hour passes, as does a second. And I have cracked it already. What seemed like an endless impossible task was anything but, and with a couple of things to do to finish it, I could concentrate on the day's mails and meetings.

I have a second breakfast of toast and marmalade, reaching the disastrous point of having emptied that jar of marmalade, and there is no more in the cupboard! Marmalade nightmare!

One last meeting in the day, with my manager: all is going well, and with a million things going on, we could relax over the weekend. I put the radio on, and allow myself to shimmy along with the tunes, what with it being Friday afternoon and all that.

I call the hospital: no real change in Mum's condition: there is an improvement, but not enough to rule out the transfer to Papworth. I am told the next 24 hours will decide on that. And so I will find out what that dicision is when I go there on Saturday.

Three hundred and seven There is the task of trying to sort of the various bottles of sloe gin. THe task being to sample each one, and from their smoothness decide, or guess, as to which was the smoothest, and therefore oldest. It's a tough job, but someone had to do it. Nedless to say, I was a little sleepy after that.

At four, Jools comes back with some shopping, including stem ginger cookies, which means I have to make coffee and we can sample the cookies to make they are of the correct standard.

For dinner we were to go round to Jen's for a Chinese. And as it turned out both Mike and Jane and even Cath turned up too. Mike brought the food, and as always there was more than enough for all of us.

Afterwards we talk for an hour or so, before we all make our excuses and take ourselves back

No comments: