Wednesday 22 November 2017

Tuesday 21st November 2017

Another working day, with the same start as ever. YOu know the drill by now.

There is the chance to stand and watch the sunrise again as Jools makes ready to leave for work, and I finish my coffee.

Days very quickly fall into a pattern; have breakfast, get dressed and log on to work just before eight. Deal with mails, taking breaks regularly for coffee and/or tea. Work through until about half eleven, take a break for lunch. This time half a left over fish cake roll, sprinkled with grated cheese and then drilled until golden and crispy. Another winner!

The cats watch me like a hawk, and on occasion bring me something to eat. And as usual it was just as I sat down for a three hour training session/meeting, that Molly brought in a mouse, still, alive, and she not to keen to drop it. In fact as I try to get the poor creature out, I see it still twitching, and Molly squeezing it more and more. I can hear the meeting going on, but I have a half dead mouse to deal with. I take it out into the garden and drop it into a flower bed, hoping it might pull through.

Molly is still looking to where the mouse might be, so I give her some kibbles and she is distracted and forgets about the mouse.

I go back to the meeting and immediately wish I was chasing a mouse again. Dear God.

The afternoon leaks away, and I find that having a mid-afternoon snack of cheese and crackers along with a glass of red wine make the meeting go by much better. Probably not the the best thing to do, especially if I was sitting face to face with the person giving the training.

Three hundred and twenty five Dinner is pizza, so I can watch some of an episode of Time Team, once work had finished. Thin crust pizza is so easy to cook, I don't have to do anything until Jools is home, and then pop them in the oven for ten minutes, and bingo! crispy pizza.

There is football on the wireless, and Norwich are playing too. Don't know why I bother as City slip to another 1-0 defeat and then Liverpool throw a 3-0 lead away at Seville. Not enough oranges at half time one suspects.

Anyway, another quiet day, and a day nearer the weekend/Christmas/retirement.

No comments: