Wednesday 29 November 2017

Tuesday 28th November 2017

Where does the time go?

It is the end of the month, nearly, and we rush towards the 50 blogs for the month and this will be the 434th blog of the year, the most in any year ever. I guess maybe a hundred are Brexit blogs, which you may or may not read. I don't have the stomach to read the ones from a year ago, as the pain of the current mess is all too much if I'm honest. But what with little travel in the 2nd half of the year, more time to ponder this mess and how the brexiteers struggle with the closing in walls of reality. If I thought for a minute that it was all going to end happily ever after, I might enjoy the daily trails May and co are having with the reality of their situation, and one of their own making.

Still, got to laugh.

Tuesday

Another day in paradise. Or working from home, which amounts to the same thing, right?

Not much changes from day to day, just we get closer to the weekend, which is something to look forward to, but then I seem to be wishing my days away.

At least it was a brighter day, and I amuse myself by filling the feeder out in the back garden, and then standing in the kitchen drinking my second coffee watching the magpies fight over the food. Not in a bad way, but most waiting in turn to get access to the peanuts and shredded fat. They make short work of the cup of food I put out, so I can drag myself away from the back window and begin working.

Much the same as Monday to be honest. Breakfast at half eight, lunch of baked beans on cheesy toast for dinner, and then regular tea breaks. And breaks when Molly just sits beside the computer staring at me until I pick her up, or sometimes she just walks over the keyboard. She's a cat and it's her job.

In the afternoon with my biorhythms (are they still a thing?) getting low, I go out to plant some daffodils that have been hanging around the kitchen for a few weeks and needed planting. My word, its parky outside, especially after three days in the house. A robin comes to oversea my work in case I find some juicy worms. I don't, but I get my hands dirty and I have done something more to make the garden look splendid once the spring comes. It is a very odd year, as many spring flowers are already in flower; I have seen shots of primroses and wood anemones in flower, as well as some summer and autumn flowers still clinging on. It is proper cold now though, frosts at night and short chilly days. But in about eight weeks the first of the proper spring flowers, snowdrops should start to be in flower, and the madness of orchids will just be around the corner once again.

Three hundred and thirty two Bob and Diane have two tons of blue slate chips delivered, so I snap the forklift carrying the bags up their drive. It was the most exciting thing of the day.

But for now we have short, dull and cold days, where it gets dark at three in the afternoon, and there is the long period until Jools comes back home.

In the evening there is football on the radio, I listen to the footy, edit some shots and write. And the day fades. Not much excitement in the football, but, its football. We also discuss next year's holiday, which we agreed we would not have one. But then it's our tenth anniversary, and thoughts got to Tuscany. Hmmmmm, Tuscany.

No comments: