Thursday 30 November 2017

Wednesday 29th November 2017

Tis was the day of the great discharge debacle (see yesterday's post). So, really, everything pales into insignificance.

It was a bright morning, once the sun came up, and I had hoped of getting out for some walking. But a phone call was to put a stop to that.

And this is the 50th and final blog of the month too. I mention that as I have been busy, tapping away.

And as ever, there is nothing much new to report on. The days are ever colder and shorter. Sunrise is at nearly eight in the morning now, by which time I really should be starting work. And I was, getting on with the newtask assigned, and working well until Sheila called at ten; did I know if MUm was going to be released.

And then began the phone call chase around James Paget as I tried to get an answer.

And that took the morning and an hour of the afternoon. By which time I felt drained. If Mum is going to be discharged, which is highly likely, then I probably will go to stay for a few days to ensure her transition back to home life goes smoothly.

But we shall see what Friday's trip brings.

Three hundred and thirty three To be honest my head is spinning as I try to make sense in the 189 degree turn round, and the agreement from her case worker that really Mum isn't ready to be released, but will have to be. I understand, you can lead a horse to water and not make it walk to the bins to take her rubbish our, or stop smoking. We shall see.

There is jacket spuds for dinner, taking three hours for mine to cook and go, hopefully, crispy. But they don't crisp up, and are soft and shrivelled by the time Jools gets back at six.

And then there is more football on the radio: six more PL games, I won't bore you with the details, but it is all exciting stuff for a Wednesday evening, goals, sendings off and me writing and editing.

Another day and month draws to an end. And thousands of miles away, one of my oldest online friends is preparing to move, to be with her new love. Big changes, and I wish them both, and her family, all the best. I was lucky enough to meet them this summer, and both wonderful, warm and genuine people you could wish to meet. The internet can be used for great things, not just the bad things that get reported.

See you all, next month.

No comments: