Friday 3 November 2017

Thursday 2nd November 2017

After Wednesday, getting back to the hum drum monotony of a working day was always going to be difficult. And then there is the lethargy I am feeling with the early nights now making evenings start at about four.

In fact, despite thinking that events of the last five weeks had not affected me, I feel worn down. And have no enthusiasm for anything really.

Three hundred and six But there is alway work. And in work there is always meetings. Always meetings.

And there are always IT problems. Apparently.

My department had their weekly moaning session first thing, what's gone wrong and whats not been fixed in the last week. In fact, things are much better now, which is something.

It is a glorious day, and I would have loved to have gone out for a walk. THinking back, there is no reason why I should not have gone, at least in the afternoon, crossing the fields, down the dip and round to the ship, pausing only to have an ice cream. Maybe tomorrow?

The day drags, the cats are restless and want something all the time. Or so it seems. I can't concentrate, I have work to do. I fret about not doing the work, but still don't do the work. I fret some more, and by then it is half three. I decide to take serious action, on the morrow to switch the big computer off, have no music on, and finish the bloody document. And not do anything other than work.

So there.

I feel better about that.

Dinner is jacket potatoes that, despite being cooked for three of your earth hours, still became soft once out of the oven, and I like crispy skins, darn it! But they're still good.

And the evening is spent listening to Dare and Non Stop Erotic Dancing on Spotify that I signed up to. Mainly to create playlists of tunes I used to hear on the Peel Show.

A quiet day and quieter evening

No comments: